Our vision on career is to be commonly regarded as one of the best college careers services in the region.
The Careers Service mission is to attract, educate and resource students and employers, to enable them to make the best-informed career decisions.
- Work together with awarding bodies, professional bodies, Departments, Faculties and the University to raise clients’ awareness of and engagement with the Careers Service
- Provide relevant careers information and services to undergraduate and postgraduate students in the most timely and effective way
- Attract and enable organisations to promote opportunities effectively and make contact with the most appropriate students
- Work with alumni for life, providing access to careers advice and engaging them to mentor students and offer internships
- Implement leading systems and streamlined procedures within a responsive, skilled and motivated organisation to achieve these tasks, including monitoring our performance
We are committed to:
- Providing a welcoming and supportive atmosphere
- Being free, trusted and impartial
- Fostering innovation and continuous improvement in the range and quality of the services we provide
- Treating users of the Service and each other with fairness, respect and consideration
- Providing client-focused, impartial, objective, transparent, accessible and, so far as it concerns individuals, confidential careers education, information and guidance
- Promoting equality of opportunity and diversity, in accordance with relevant legislation and best practice, including the Integrated Equal Opportunities Policy